Good evening @All,
I'm a relatively new Podio user, but given the ample amount of threads here on the forum have been able to build some fairly complex things quickly and am loving it. One thing that I have not found any threads/support on is as follows - I hope someone can help or has ideas:
- I have a database of properties/apartments in a "Properties" app in Podio (just general info about each property)
- I manage the properties on the owners behalf to rent out for short term holidays online (eg booking.com)
What I want to achieve:
- I receive automatic emails from the likes of booking.com once a guest has made a booking
- I automatically parse each email and filter out key information (eg check in date, guest name, length of stay, etc) with a tool called Zapier (amazing!)
- importantly, each booking confirmation email goes to the property owners email account and has a unique name, both of which can be used to identify the property and is information I can parse out
= I would like to capture all the bookings data via the email parse and send it to Podio, which I have done
= I would then like the bookings data to be linked (relationship field) to a specific property
? How do I do this ?
Is there a way, similar to say a vlookup in Excel, to map the input of a specific field from the parsed email (eg the property name or email address) to a specific property in Podio?
- booking email arrives for PROPERTY1 from email PROPERTY1@email.com and information gets parsed and sent to Podio
- Podio looks up a specific field (eg name of property in email) and links it to a property in my Properties app
Email information ||| Podio property
apartment1 ||| PROPERTY1
apartment2 ||| PROPERTY2
I hope the above makes sense. Any pointers/ideas or solutions are welcome!
Please sign in to leave a comment.