appear.in is a great tool for video calls and hosting online meetings for small groups. You can learn more here.
This article will show you how to create your own separate appear.in sessions and attach them to your Podio events. As a note, the Podio Video feature also uses appear.in - learn more here.
Integrating appear.in with Podio gives you a place where you can discuss and collaborate around your meeting agenda within Podio. Then you hold the meeting in real time with appear.in, which can be started and joined directly from within Podio. After the meeting is done, you can add your comments and any other notes, and continue working on Podio.
Connect appear.in to Podio
You do not need to create an appear.in account, but to get the two tools working together you need to connect them by following these steps:
- Click on the profile icon in the top blue bar
- Select "Account settings"
- Go to the Services tab at the top
- Find appear.in in the "Services to connect" section, and click the green "Connect" button (see screenshot)
- Click "Connect", and you're done!
How to update your Podio Apps with appear.in
You can use appear.in with any Event app. Here’s a quick step by step guide to setting one up:
- Create a new app in the workspace where you'll be scheduling your meetings.
- When creating the app, set the App Type to "Event", at the bottom of the window.
- Save your app.
- To add an appear.in meeting link to your app item, after saving the item you will find a small wrench icon under the date field. Click this wrench and select the option to add appear.in.
Need some "appspiration"? If you don't want to build your own, here are three meeting apps that will help to make your meetings more productive. Read more on our blog.