If you want new contacts who fill out your forms on Podio to receive an automated email, you can do that using Zapier.
You will need:
Getting your accounts ready
To connect your Podio account to Zapier, make sure you have a workspace set up on Podio, with the app that you wish to use connected to this workspace. For information on the basics of Podio, like setting up your workspaces and apps, start here. You will also need a webform set up for contact inquiries. You can learn more about getting started with Podio on Zapier, here.
To link your Podio account to Gmail, you will need a valid Gmail account. You can learn more about getting started with Gmail on Zapier, here.
Note: Podio apps are assigned to a specific Workspace, so make sure you are creating the app and webform you wish to use in the correct Workspace.
Connecting your accounts
- Choose your Podio account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
- Select your desired Organization, then Workspace, and then Application from the drop-down menus. When these fields are selected, click Save + Continue.
- Choose your Gmail account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
- In the Contact’s email field, choose to insert Podio fields, and choose the Webform’s customer Email field. It may help to fill out a trial Webform with your email or an example email to know which field this is.
- Fill in the Subject and Email fields with the email that will be sent to the contact. You can also insert Podio fields in these areas, if you have the content readily available in you Podio application.
- Click Save + Finish.
Now test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you’re satisfied with the results, your Webform contact forms will respond to inquiries with an automated email as soon as they are completed.
Note: If you ever want to change this Podio and Gmail integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you'd like.