Dear Podio Users,
Happy New Year 2022! ✨
As part of our continued performance improvements, we decided to give more love to the App View pane! The Podio team has been working behind the scenes on both performance as well as UI improvements to optimise the View Pane User experience for you.
To start 2022 on a high note, the changes are now live for you! ⭐️
We made the following changes:
- Stop Auto Creation of Views for each new Category field: We have stopped auto-creation of views with every new category field you add. Auto creation will only happen once at the addition of the very first category field.
App View Pane UI optimisation: The following UI Changes have been made to the View Pane User experience:
- Separate tabs have been introduced for Team Views and Private Views to ensure segregation and easy navigation
- The App Description has been made collapsable to ensure enough scrollable area for Views
- Fresh new look to align with our new Podio UI - We have brought the 'Add New View' button on top, changed the look and feel of view names etc.
- Pagination in View Pane: This was done to improve the load time of the App View Pane. At the time of opening an app, you will now get data for the first 10 views only. As you scroll further, Podio will get you the next batch of views, optimising the overall performance of the view pane.
Note: Stopping the auto-creation of category fields is available for both old and new UI but the other changes will only be available on the new Podio UI. Switch to the new UI from "My Account" option:
For performance improvements to the get_views API call, we introduced a new endpoint to fetch view data in batches (instead of all at once) to reduce the View Pane load time. To exemplify this, take an app with 100 views. Now instead of loading view data of all the 100 views together, we will now get data for the first 10 views only when the app opens. As the user scrolls, API call takes places and Podio will get them the next batch of views.
The feature was being tested by our Beta users since November 2021 and we have seen notable load time performance improvements with the new API endpoint:
- P95 Response Time/day was reduced by 77%*
- Max response Time/day was reduced by 89%*
*Observed for Beta Users and Podio Partners Network
Please sign in to leave a comment.