You asked for it and we made it happen! The new Podio UI is just round the corner.
We understand that our customers have been longing for more Podio improvements in 3 major domains: performance, UI/UX and new features. We are glad to have been able to address some of the calculation performance issues recently and continue exploring on more such improvements. In parallel, Podio team has also been revisiting our user interface, updating it to a new and more modern theme, that also aligns Podio UI with Citrix brand bringing us closer to the larger portfolio of Citrix products.
We have conducted multiple customer interviews to understand user sentiments about the new look. This new look has been open for testing by hundreds of Beta Users. We also did a customer facing Webinar in Jul 2021 giving sneak peak into our new look and taking feedback on what customers like vs dislike. If you have been part of the webinar, we're sure you have been eagerly waiting for this release. If you were not, then you have a surprise in store!
Excited? This is how you can switch to the new look.
- Click on your "My Account" icon.
- You will see a new link "Switch to new look" on the pull-down menu.
- Click to switch and that's it! Start using our new UI.
- Once on the new UI, you will see the link has changed to "Switch to old look". This allows you to switch between both the UIs till you get comfortable with the new UI.
P.S.: This "Switch to new look" option is only available for the web users. The mobile app users will be automatically upgraded to the new look on the latest version.
What's new for users?
- New and fresh teal theme: "Fresh", "Modern", "2021" define the customer sentiments from users who helped us test this new look. Our new teal theme with new fonts gives us a fresh visual look while simultaneously aligning to the new Citrix branding on both web and mobile apps.
- Modern and retina ready icons: All icons are being updated with retina-ready icons, while preserving the essence of what each icon means. A one-to-one mapping between icons in old and new UI will be maintained.
- More category colors: With our new color palette, we now support 16 category colors that gives you more flexibility with categorizing your data items, meetings etc. The old 8 colors are mapped to the 8 lighter shades of the new palette.
- Modernized components: Alert Modals, Charts, Polls and multiple other components are being updated as per modern standards
- Mobile apps are being updated across all platforms: Android, iOS and iPad.
- Email templates are being redesigned and consolidated into a standardized pattern for different types of email notifications.
- App Market and Extension pages are also planned to be modernized soon.
Here's a small trailer of our new look.
User Testimonials from Beta Testing:
"Love the new colors available for categories looking great so far 😎" - Damien Ruggieri, Citrix Podio Partner
"For the elements I use, I am finding it a lot crisper and easier on the eye. The categories are certainly standing out better for me now in a list. Overall enjoying it so far." Stephen McCurry, Podio Beta User
"Kudos - very smooth and clean UI 🤩 " - Caroline Vrauwdeunt, Citrix Podio Partner
"I appreciate the effort. It shows maybe you are working towards listening to your customers more" - Feedback during Customer Webinar
Is that it?
Of course not! This new UI is a stepping stone for many more additions to follow. The story does not end here. Our current effort has been focussed on the visual look and feel of the UI, without disrupting the usability. We do not want our users to go through an all new learning curve through a major UX overhaul all of a sudden. So we plan on making it a progressive change with both minor and major feature updates over the upcoming year.
Will we always have 2 looks to choose between?
- We will continue supporting the old look of our UI (blue theme) over the next couple of months only (as a transition period), and then deprecate it.
- For the next few months, you will have the flexibility to choose which look you want to work with. However, we believe and are almost certain that you would love our new look and not want to switch back. :)
- IMPORTANT: Any new features additions and UX changes we do from now on, will be supported only on the new look.
P.S.: Only Podio web UI is going to support these 2 looks. Mobile apps, once ready with the new theme, will not have 2 options to choose from.
- The new look on our web UI will be released this week (It's now LIVE!).
- The new teal theme is already available for the Android app users and will be available for iOS users soon too. More exciting updates to follow on mobile apps in an upcoming Product news item.
We really hope, with this news and new look, we are able to bring in a smile on your face, as bright as our new color palette 😄
Eager to know how you like the new look! Please comment below to share your feedback.
Cheers and Stay Tuned!
Pallabi - Podio Product Manager
Please sign in to leave a comment.