I have a lot of app items that use tasks as a checklist. Those tasks can be frustrating to work with when they must be modified. I'd like to see the following functionality added to tasks within the app item:
- Allow them to be moved around like your tasks view screen (I know this recommendation already exists)
- Allow them to "expand" like on the tasks view screen, in order to change field data such as dates, description, comment, and assigned to
- Stop tasks from turning red after they have been marked off, if you check them off the day they are due they still turn red (i.e. they look as if they were past-due when they were not)
- Add the trash icon so that irrelevant tasks generated via a workflow can be more easily deleted
- Love the new hide function, slow the process down a bit to match the timing of completing and hiding tasks like on the main task view, to have two different speeds to deal with is frustrating
- Add some of the same filtering functionality for app tasks as in the task view where you can sort by person, due date, tags, or labels
- Move or duplicate the add new task and hide/show links to the top of the tasks section, right under the tasks label would be ideal so you don't have to always scroll
- Add an activity feed line for when a task is completed or deleted, just like there is when a task is added
- Sub-tasks (I know this recommendation already exists and Podio has been against the idea but there are a lot of use-cases and it is needed)
- Task searching within an app item, especially if there are more than 50 tasks which mean some don't show up, that would show both completed and incomplete tasks (tasks created through workflows often have the same name which means using the site search can be useless ~ and no, adding a merge field to every generated tasks is not a solution, that just makes task names cluttered and harder to distinguish between)
- Allow the date due field to be set by the user to keep the current drop-down list or to always use a calendar view (which is fewer clicks much of the time)
- Allow tasks to be disabled within an app (I know this already exists but if you want to argue for the use of task apps, then this is a must have, but I do have a need for both task apps and sub-tasks so this would help with ensuring that when a task app is in use, no app item tasks can be generated and make things confusing)
Tasks are a great feature and would be great to see the next iteration of tasks within an app item.
I know a couple of these are duplicates to things already out there but many are not (or I could not find them) and I wanted to do a comprehensive list, from my perspective.
Please sign in to leave a comment.