We, finally, have one of our most awaited features available on production now. We know this is about time and appreciate your patience.
Two Step Verification (2SV) a.k.a. Two Factor Authentication is now available as a user-level setting for enrolment by choice.
- You can enable 2SV from your Account Settings Page. Here is a direct link: https://podio.com/settings/account
- Enabling 2SV will need setting up a two factor authenticator app (eg. Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator etc.) with Podio. You can add an account on your authenticator app by scanning the QR code or entering the text code on your Podio screen as shown below.
- Once the authenticator app is set up, you will be provided with a list of 10 recovery codes
- These recovery codes will serve as backup security codes in case the authenticator app does not work or is unavailable while logging into Podio
- This set of recovery codes cannot be accessed later, so you will need to copy / download these codes and save them securely so that they can be used to access Podio when required.
- 2SV can be enabled for you only after the recovery codes have been copied/downloaded
- Once 2SV is enabled, while logging into Podio,
- You will see an additional step to enter verification code, both on web and mobile.
- If authenticator app is unavailable, you can choose to verify using a recovery code for logging into Podio
Key points to note on RECOVERY CODE usage:
- Ensure you save your recovery codes in a safe yet accessible location.
- No backup for backup codes: There is currently no easy backup way for you to log into Podio if you lose both your authenticator app as well as your recovery codes.
- Recovery codes cannot be accessed later. So if you misplace your set of recovery codes, you should generate a fresh set of recovery codes and keep them handy.
- Every recovery code is designed for a one-time use only. You need to keep track of recovery codes being used so that you can generate a fresh set of recovery codes when needed.
- For generating a fresh set of recovery codes, you should disable and enable 2SV again.
Details about 2SV for Podio have been updated in our help centre: Two-Step Verification
Please reach out to our team here incase of any further queries.
//Pallabi - Podio Product Manager
Please sign in to leave a comment.