Here is an important news regarding the PDF generation functionality offered through Podio workflow automation (previously GlobiFlow).
Podio workflow automation uses two PDF libraries - an original version (V1) and a new version (V2). The V2 library was introduced back in 2016 for improved HTML rendering and PDF generation. While all new PDF actions today already use V2 automatically, the old ones configured using V1 still use the V1 library.
Starting Jan 21st 2021, Podio workflow automation will no longer support the old PDF engine that uses V1 library, and all PDF actions (including older ones) will use V2 only.
What is changing?
- All PDF actions using V1 will automatically start using V2 from January 2021
- PDFs designed in PDF V1 may not look as expected in PDF V2.
ACTION REQUIRED: What I need to do?
- If any of your flows contains a PDF action with V1 engine, we recommend re-creating the PDF in a new action block, that will use the V2 PDF engine.
- In order to avoid any unexpected design or look changes in your PDF, target completing this PDF re-creation work before January 2021.
How will I know I need to take any action?
Option 1: Check for warning on My Flows Page
- A warning message will be displayed on My Flows Page which will have a link to list all flows which contains PDF action with V1 engine
- If you don't see any warning on My Flows Page, then you don't need to take any action. It means that all your PDF actions are already using PDF V2 engine.
Option 2: Check for warnings on flows:
- Check for a warning(!) near your flow name on My Flows Page.
- If any of your flows shows a warning, it means that it contains a PDF action with V1 engine
How will I know which PDF version each of my flows is using today?
All PDF actions now show, in the footer of action, which PDF version that action is using. Either of the below version would be displayed:
- PDF Engine V1
- PDF Engine V2
Haven't explored the PDF actions on workflow automation yet? Learn more about how to use Podio workflow automation to build PDFs including data variables from related Podio items and fields. Upgrade to Podio Premium plan and unlock the many benefits that come along with Podio workflow automation
If you have questions or concerns about this upcoming change, please reach out to our team here.
/Pallabi - Product Manager
Please sign in to leave a comment.