On 11th May 2020, Podio workflow automation (previously GlobiFlow) will be moving all file hosting from Rackspace Cloud Files to Amazon S3. This is planned in continuation to the upgrade done back in September 2019, where we moved the hosting of your advanced workflows from Rackspace, US to Amazon Web Services in Ireland, EU. While this transition should be seamless for most, some customers will be required to take action.
What is changing?
- We are transferring hosted files from Rackspace Cloud Files to Amazon S3
- We are enforcing HTTPS on all file requests
- Any files hosted on pfuserfiles and uploaded more than 1 year ago will be deleted
What do I need to do?
- If you make use of the HTTPS protocol on URLs to your Podio workflow automation-hosted files, you will be required to change the URL wherever you use it on or after 11th May 2020.
|Old URL||New URL|
- If you do not use any of the old URLs listed above, you can ignore the URL change.
- If for any reason you rely on files hosted on pfuserfiles that are older than 1 year, you will need to re-upload them before 11th May 2020
What if I use HTTP for my hosted files?
However, we have seen some 3rd party clients ignore redirects in the past. If you are requesting hosted files using a script or 3rd party service, please ensure you update the URLs to use HTTPS on or after 11th May 2020.
What if I have files hosted on pfuserfiles that were uploaded more than 1 year ago?
You will need to re-upload those files before 11th May 2020. This is done by re-running the flow hosting the files.
We have planned the date for this move as 11th May 2020 so as to provide users enough time (~ 8 weeks) to make any necessary changes and be prepared. If you have questions or concerns about this upcoming change, feel free to send in your queries as comments below or reach out to our team here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.