Poor task management
One of the best ways to be effective is to schedule tasks into your daily plan. If you don't do that, time simply slips away and you end your day realizing that you have few accomplishments to show for it.
The ideal Podio function for this would have these attributes:
- Can set times of tasks and show in your daily calendar
- Can set the duration of the task
- Can create repeating tasks
- Can create tasks from email
- Can also create tasks without scheduling them
Podio can almost do this for us, but not quite.
The 'task' function would be perfect, but it doesn't allow adjusting the duration (2)
Podio tells us to use task or action apps instead. There are two kinds of apps you can use. Both have serious drawbacks.
- Regular app: Drawback - can't do repeating tasks (3)
- Event app: Drawbacks - can't create tasks by email (4) and can't create tasks without scheduling them (5)
So, Podio... You are so close to giving us a way to manage tasks intelligently. Come on! Please either
- Allow setting durations in 'tasks'
- Allow repeating items in 'regular' apps and/or
- Allow creating of items in event apps by email and without dates
Users - are you happy with the task management features as they are? If so, how do you manage. If not, will you please let Podio know by upvoting and commenting here and by submitting feature requests?
Thank you for contacting us here with your request!
My deepest apologies that we currently do not offer this feature in Podio. However, what I have done is to update our feature request list to include your comments and concerns with regard to it.
While we do not have an estimation as to when we would expect that to be rolled into the platform, I will definitely let our development team know that this is a feature that is greatly desired and would enhance your experience with Podio.
Have a safe and wonderful day!
All the best,
Dana - Podio
Any updates on this? Dana P
Please sign in to leave a comment.