This would be a very expensive feature to build and maintain so in order to consider this further it would be great with some additional answers from everyone up-voting this request:
Some questions that come to mind:
- Would it matter where these extensions are shown? Is context important? (think e.g. shown inside item activity vs. in an item field vs. as a separate "app" vs. a whole new "extensions" area)
- What kind of extensions would you imagine benefit most from this?
- Is this only showing information, or also receiving user input?
- Are they short interactions or would they be places were users get a lot of work done?
- Do these embedded extensions live on their own or do they need to integrate into other parts of Podio (e.g. notifications, tasks, contacts) to work?
These and other questions would help us better understand what we would need to provide to actually help you achieve your goals. This is not just a matter of throwing in a iframe container somewhere that is un-secure and difficult to maintain: if we provide you a solution, it's needs to be one that is solid and actually solving the need and use-case :)
Please share your answers below to help us understand this further!
//Sara - Podio