To make it easier to build integrations using PHP I have just flipped the switch on a new version of the PHP client library. Some highlights:
- Classes/models for almost all parts of the API. You get proper objects and you no longer have to wade through complicated JSON (with a few exceptions)
- Nice helper methods for working with items and fields
- Many new code examples (in the 'examples' folder)
- More easily accessible logging for debugging purposes
- Automatic session handling for storing access tokens between page requests
Grab the code here: https://github.com/podio/podio-php
The basic syntax has changed (to facilitate the new classes and make it easier to extend going forward) and I encourage you to check out the code samples in the readme file and in the 'examples' folder.
PHP 5.3 is now a requirement. The client relies in it's foundation on some features that are only available in PHP 5.3.
I hope you will give the new release a go and take advantage of all the new features. Then let us know here what areas could be easier to work with.
Pull requests on github are always welcome.
Please sign in to leave a comment.