Hi all, I'm having some trouble understanding how some of the tools are supposed to interact and how to create proper alerts for my co-workers.
This is how I understand the hierachy:
Company > Workspace > Project > deliverable > task
I am mostly unsure about the latter two. Basically what I need is a to do list associated with the various projects. My understanding would be that deliverables are the global objective is to achieve under a project, and tasks are the various actions needed by different co-workers to achieve these deliverables.
However, if this assumption is correct, there are to main issues I have with this setup:
1) I cannot associate tasks to any deliverable or any project. They seem to be like an independent entity. However I need tasks to be associated to projects or deliverables - maybe I do not understand correctly what these are supposed to do. But if they do not work like I think they should, then there should be a tool which allows me to organise tasks where I can:
- Specify co-workers responsible for completing the task
- specify co-workers to be alerted of all communications related to the task, as well as upon creation and completion of task
2) when I create a task for myself I need all my co-workers in the same workspace alerted that this task exists. Or, alternatively, I would need to be able to decide which co-workers should be alerted. Ideally I could choose between both options.
As it stands if I include more than one co-worker it also creates more than one tasks. Which I find very confusing and counter-productive
The deliverables are actually closer to what I would expect from tasks, but still confused me or are missing features:
- I can specify deliverable owners. However I only need one owner, whatever that is supposed to be. What I need to happen is that specified co-workers get alerted when a deliverable is created, completed or any conversation is taking place. I do not need them to own the deliverable nor do I need them to have any responsibilities.
- I see that I can specify which project a deliverable belongs to but again I cannot associate tasks with this deliverable
Basically what it comes down to is that I am not able to create a to do list which has a number of items, and that each item is associated to a project, and that each workspace member (or specified workspace member) get alerted on any activity associated with this to do.
Many thanks for any tips on how to set this up properly
Please sign in to leave a comment.