This is definitely something we are considering.
I asked this question guys from Podio time ago. Here I am in their face again. Any chance to get chat feature into Podio? Maybe each conversation associated with space/app as tasks are...
Please sign in to leave a comment.
This is definitely something we are considering.
This is a feature that would be very useful....as well as a decent wiki. Thanks.
This is a great and much needed feature. I could see a lot more people using Podio if this was incorporated
We need this to. Please make magic :)
very very useful for all
I agree. Whereas, for the time being, our team has to constantly refresh the page to see comments made to messages and status updates in our activity threads. Also, I have been experiencing what seems to be some persistent bugs resulting in the following:
1) duplicate Calendar entries that cannot be deleted, and even if they are deleted, as soon as a meeting is recreated, 2 entries in the same calendar appear.
2) Calculation drop down field in app builder is dropping down behind other fields, thus, we cannot see calculation options.
3) Modifications made to apps are not appearing right away - some don't appear at all.
4) Recurring error message every time I try to use your new Google 1 way sync.
5) THIS ONE HAS CAUSED AN IRATE CLIENT FOR US: Even after changing emails & notifications settings, a cllient has continued to receive constant Podio emails. As a result, we removed his email from Podio. Still, he continued to receive persistent Podio emails. Then, he "unsubscribed" via one of Podio's Sales Emails, and still, he continues to receive Podio Sales/News emails. In BC, Canada, this is against consumer laws and because we use Podio as our main project management tool, we are hence placing our business reputation at risk. Can you please clarify - or better yet - rectify this situation for me?
I haven't had any issues with the google sync option as of yet. I did get a couple of errors a couple days ago but I believe that was just an issue when they rolled it out. An idea about the refreshing, they have addons for mozilla and chrome that will refresh the page every x amount of seconds/minutes. I do sometimes get dupe events in google calendar too, but this seems to have cleared up a bit... Has it for you Summer?
Btw I am not a Podio employee, just throwing some ideas your way.
Thanks for sharing the Chrome extention idea, Steven. Do you know if this Chrome feature would interfere with saving changes to work being modified if/when the auto-refresh takes place? I am going to try looking for this today. As for dupe events - still get them via Podio, not Google so much. The dupe events were occuring in Podio workspace and global calendar immediately after creating a calendar item - I wonder it it creates a separate calendar item for every participant. Thus, if the meeting involves 6 colleagues, will 6 duplicate calendar entries appear? I hope not. Steven, any tips on how you do the following in Podio, and what works for you?
1) Working with workspace all or nothing permissions settings? For the time being, we have had to create 2 workspaces per client project; 1 shared with client and the other private for admin teams. This is making for a very loooooong list of workspaces. Second, managing tasks and keeping a bird's eye view across all projects. I emailed Podio requesting an invite to their Project Management Discussions Group, but have yet to hear back. I am all ears to what others are doing to make Podio rock for them.
Hey Summer, It looks to be doing the same for me too - duplicating events on podio's calendar and not on google. Hopefully they are looking in to this. Also, the refresh will cause issues if the task is not saved I believe, let me look in to that for you. It won't save the task unfortunately... I see that the title will save but that's about it right now.. I will keep looking at this
Nope, you can't as of right now
Features I would like to see:
1. Calendar fixed 100%
Use of variables in the app builder to reference dynamic fields
On Refresh tasks will be saved if in editing mode (which might be dangerous for people not meaning to refresh).
The ability to cross reference specific app fields in other apps.
That would make Podio hands down the greatest
Summer does your task have a start time and finish time? If so, I think that is why we are seeing duplicate calendar entries
Summer, if you add the date range
like start date and time - end date and time
it looks like it only populates one calendar entry. Try that and see if that corrects it
+1 for chat !
+1 for chat
Steven, thank you for so much of your help! I tried those things you suggested, and no, I cannot get the Google calendar (1 way sync) to work at all. I've since given up. I just get Podio "error, try later" messages. Besides, the 1 way push is not game changing for us - I would much prefer the ability to push entries I make in our Google Calendar to Podio. A 2 way sync would be stellar. There are a few things I would love to see Podio offer, but I am beginning to feel like a squeaky wheel.
Wishlist for Podio
1) 2 way Calendar Sync (Top Wish)
2) 2 way Podio - Google Task Sync
3) Desktop Widget via Adobe Air (Makes working with Podio while working in Outlook or in Docs, easier to keep top of mind) Mangoapps rocks this feature like no one else!
4) Ability to reference specific fields between Podio Apps (ie: info entered into a "Lead" can fill the matching fields in "Opportunity" and then "Client" as the prospect moves through our CRM lifecycle,
5) Ability to perform more robust calculations ie: project costing
6) Chat feature - real time
7) nested 3rd party apps via something like an iframe. Mangoapps does this as well.
8) Ability to make annotations to designs etc.
9) Reports - ability to populate reports that can be printed and share with client
10) branding (important) so that when guest users are A) invited to our workspace, they encounter our logo, not Podio's, and B) Our logo can be placed on webforms.
11) Task dependencies and customizable task fields such as est time assigned per task.
12) Ability for admin user to pre-set each users permissions and email and notifications settings. whereas, for now, we have to walk each guest user through a "how to adjust your email settings" tutorial before inviting them, otherwise, we run the risk of pissing off our guests with 100 Podio emails per day. At that point, they aren't so appreciative of being invited.
13) PERMISSIONS SETTINGS! that allow us to reserve timesheets apps etc., from guest users and even other team members. Believe me, I am all for transparency when it comes to communication and billings, but that doesn't mean every business should publicly display their wholesale product costs, project costs and internal dilemmas. It has been my experience that clients hire us (and other agencies) to simplify their projects. They may want to be involved in the fun stuff, but they don't want to have to walk into a noisy workspace that sparks their need to "manage" things.
I second branding! and permissions! And google calendar sync :)
(To Summers comment:) + for branding, ability for admin to preset user permissions and settings, and permission settings within each workspace and app.
If there is a way to integrate Skype chat and also call features to record that will be fantastic. So we can have both the Go-to meeting and Skype integrations available for a fully functional communications system within Podio for those of us that utilize both. This way we can set up, run and and catalog all the calls with clients in their respective work-spaces for optimal efficiency. Another thing would be to easily create/convert tasks, etc from the chat integration as well.
Podio seems very promising to me, but it seems still too immature to be adapted to my current needs.
My small organization usually works on different parallel programs, each split in many small projects (hundreds), each project having different contractors and partners. These partners and contractors must not see anything else than their projects/files/ whatever, because of security and privacy policies. They cannot see, at all, an entire "workspace" (a container of projects), even if my customer can.
The Podio choice not to have a Project-level user permission is its bigger weakness to me, and I am surprised it is not a common request from most potential Podio subscribers.
Moreover, as Summer said in another thread, apps must be "gated": most of my Podio users will be not only "light" , but also "dull and lazy" users: they just want and need to be notified about some milestone and meeting, and download some files. Nothing else. The workspace administrator cannot spend its time explaining them what is an app, why the can add their own apps, and why they must not deal at all with an app... He must be in full control of what a "light and dull" user is seeing and can do on the projects (sorry, the workspaces) they are invited in.
Last but not less important, centralized file management with visibility permissions: data privacy and read / write control is a key concern of any project administrator; he must be in full control of what is attached at any "element" and the visibility it has .
Please, add some views like "by project", "by task".. "by <element type>" in the /files#/list page, to allow premium subscribers to fully control their valuable data.
I really hope Podio will grow and become a mature-enough collaborative PM tool, because I think its ability to adapt to different business domain and workflow can be a differentiating factor among its competitors - while some competitor is far better in user role management..
CHAT! skype integration will be perfect!
+1 for chat
+1 for a more specific user permission (Workspace is too general)
Thanks for all your comments and idea/knowledge sharing. It's great to see all of you so exited. As Phil wrote in the top of the stream chat is a high priority for us. We just can't reveal any timeframe or future roadmap on this. Hope you all understand.
// Cheers, Sara - Podio
Thanks Sara... it is good to hear from Podio to let us know that these things are a priority... but you know we users are impatient, we want it all now! :)
BTW, if any of you are interested in a feature to solve the "multiple workspaces for each client" problem, or have a need to easily email clients directly from your Podio apps without having to add them to your workspace, my firm is working on a way to build this...
I have added some that are interested in this to a Podio workspace to discuss further and would be glad to add you also... just email me directly - email@example.com if you would like to be added, thanks!
We've been talking abou chat in PODIO in our company and one feature that we never saw and would be nice and unique in podio, was the ability to link the conversation on chat with some resource (Workspace, Task, Custom App Entry, etc) just like we can do within apps. Something like a start/stop recording button on chat that would record the conversation and link it to some resource.
We have a IT Solution company. Suppose that a programmer is building a deliverable and he is having some problems to understand some business rules that must be coded. He then talks to the analyst that is the responsible for communication and requirements of the project to clarify his doubts. Then, via chat, he presents his doubts and the analysts has the answers for some of them, but some others he needs to talk to the client. He then talks to the client via chat and capture all the answers. All the important parts of the conversations could be linked to resources and then be read from anyone that needs that information.
We had this ideia because sometimes we have a huge overhead on this information "ping pong" between development team, clients, contractors, vendors, etc.
The ideia of having a "Start/Stop recording button" is to let people use chat for free talk.
And let's be honest, it sucks to forward gmail conversations or paste gtalk conversations into Podio apps to keep the record, right?
Well, you have to copy/paste to attach them to an existing Podio item... if you forward then you create a new item... so at least there is a way to do it, but yes, integrated would be much nicer of course... and I'm sure it will be there someday since Podio has said its on their list... :)