Can I add different fields to the contacts app
I'm trying to make a new contacts app but with more fields than the default 13. There are different data I'd like to associate with contacts (ex: events attended, industry, media contributions, etc...). How could that be done?
All the best,
Absolutely you can make changes.. I typically make these sorts of changes from the default:
- Split name into separate firstname and lastname fields
- Make the first field a Calculation field called "Full Name" that concatenates firstname and lastname)
- Use a single-line text field for email (make it easier to send emails and detect duplicate contacts)
- Hide the native email address and organisations fields and move them to the bottom of the field list.
- Instead of using the default "Location" field, I consider using separate fields for street address, city, state, postal code if the addresses will include unit numbers, suites, or similar.
You can also create a brand new app and add all the fields you need in your template by dragging and dropping them to the template.
If you'd like to use those contact in other apps, you can do that by creating relationships between them. You can find some resources below:
Nel - Podio
Please sign in to leave a comment.