To check complex calculations in Sanity Checks and Custom Variables, use Simulate Vars to check calculation results for a chosen Podio App item.
To use, either click the link in the footer of the flow builder screen, or use ALT+ (backtick).
We will create 1 (one) Sanity Check and 2 (two) Custom Variables then Simulate Vars to preview the results using one of the items in the Podio App.
To start to Simulate Vars either click the link in the footer of the flow builder screen, or use ALT+ (backtick) to initiate the Debug menu.
Select one of the Podio items to use for calculations.
Click on submit, it will gather data from the selected item and run the calculation fields and display the results.
- All filters are ignored for the podio item during the test.
- Any action blocks that would normally consume an Action, will be ignored
(Eg: Create Item, Update Item, Send Email etc...).
- A maximum number of collected items available is restricted to the Account Holder's plan.
See the Manual page for the Collector used.
- Flows that have a lot of action blocks may run out of available server memory and fail.
- If a Sanity Check returns FALSE, no further actions will occur further within that Sanity Check.