If you want to keep track of Podio activity in Slack, you can do that using Zapier.
You will need:
Getting your accounts ready
To connect your Podio account to Zapier, make sure you have a workspace set up on Podio, with the app that you wish to use connected to this workspace. For information on the basics of Podio, like setting up your workspaces and apps, start here. You can learn more about getting started with Podio on Zapier, here.
To link your Podio account to Slack, you must have an active Slack account. You may want to familiarize yourself with Slack formatting in advance. You can learn more about getting started with Slack on Zapier, go here.
Note: Podio apps are assigned to a specific Workspace, so make sure you are creating the app you wish to use in the correct Workspace.
Connecting your accounts
Click here to Get Slack notifications for new Podio items.
- Choose your Podio account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
- Select your desired Organization, then Workspace, and then Application from the drop-down menus. When these fields are selected, click Save + Continue.
- Choose your Slack account from the list of accounts, or connect a new account.
- Type a channel to broadcast the message to, via the Slackbot. You may select your own or someone else’s username instead of a channel. This will send the message directly to this user instead of a channel broadcast.
- Type the message text that you wish to send whenever a new item has been posted.
- Click Save + Finish.
Now test the Zap to make sure it works. Once you’re satisfied with the results, new items in Podio will cause a notification to post in Slack.
Note: if you ever want to change this Podio and Slack integration, just go to your Zapier dashboard and tweak anything you'd like.*