Note: As of May 26, 2016, GoToMeeting Free no longer integrates with Podio as the service will be merging with the standard version of GoToMeeting. As an alternative, we now integrate with appear.in, another free videoconferencing tool.
GoToMeeting Free is a great tool for video conferencing and hosting online meetings. You can learn more here.
This article will show you how to create your own separate GoToMeeting Free sessions and attach them to your Podio events. As a note, the Podio Video feature also uses GoToMeeting Free - learn more here.
Integrating GoToMeeting Free with Podio gives you a place where you can discuss and collaborate around your meeting agenda within Podio. Then you hold the meeting in real time with GoToMeeting Free, which can be started and joined directly from within Podio. After the meeting is done, you can add your comments and any other notes, and continue working on Podio.
Connect GoToMeeting Free to Podio
You do not need to create a GoToMeeting Free account, but to get the two tools working together you need to connect them by following these steps:
- Click on the profile icon in the top blue bar
- Select "Account settings"
- Go to the Services tab at the top
- Find GoToMeeting Free in the "Services to connect" section, and click the green "Connect" button (see screenshot)
- Click "Connect", and you're done!
How to update your Podio Apps with GoToMeeting Free
You can use GoToMeeting Free with any Event app. Here’s a quick step by step guide to setting one up:
- Create a new app in the workspace where you'll be scheduling your meetings.
- When creating the app, set the App Type to "Event", at the bottom of the window.
- Save your app. Next time you’re creating a meeting in the app you’ll see the new features and you’ll have the option to use GoToMeeting Free with the meeting.
Need some "appspiration"? If you don't want to build your own, here are three meeting apps that will help to make your meetings more productive. Read more on our blog.