In an upgraded Podio organization, organization administrators will have access to the User Management page. To access this, click on the wrench/spanner icon to the right of your organization name in the left navigation, then select "User Management".
Don't see this option?
If you do not see the User Management option in the wrench icon dropdown, then your organization is likely managed via ShareFile. In this case, users are added or removed from your ShareFile account instead of through Podio.
From the Podio User Management page, you can:
- View all members in your organization, as well as when they were last logged in.
- Designate additional admins for your organization (note that external members cannot be admins)
- Remove members and guests from your organization.
- View the workspaces that your members are a part of, and their roles within them.
Note: You must be a member in at least one workspace in order to have access to the User Management tool. If you are not a member in a workspace, you will see an error stating that you are not an admin. To fix this, you can either join an existing workspace or create a new one.
Remove workspace admins from an organization
If you're trying to remove a member of the organization and this member is the only admin in a workspace, upon trying to remove them you will be warned that the user is the only admin of the space. You can either contact the user to have them designate another admin, or click "Yes, I understand" to remove the member.
Important notes about this:
- If you (as the organization admin) are a member of the same workspace you will be the new workspace admin when removing the member.
- If you (as the organization admin) are not a member of the same workspace, other organization admins who are members of the workspace will be admins.
- If no organization admins are members all regular members of this workspace will be promoted as admins when removing the member.
- If no regular members are in the workspace all members of this workspace will be promoted as admins when removing the workspace admin.
To use the User Management tool and much more, consider upgrading your Podio Plan to Podio Basic, Podio Plus or Podio Premium.