In Podio you can enable a Unique ID in your apps to make tracking and sorting your items a lot easier. This can be helpful if you use Podio for sales, bugs, support tickets, or any other scenario where you'd like your items to have a unique identifier.
How to enable:
- Go to the app where you would like to add Unique IDs to the app's items. Click the wrench icon in the upper right and choose "App settings".
- Click the "Advanced" tab on the left.
- Check the "Show unique ID" box.
- Choose the prefix you would like to add to the ID, and how many numbers it should include.
- Click Save. An ID will then be added to each of your app’s items.
Tip: You can locate an item in a relationship field by typing the full Unique ID into the relationship field.
If you use a prefix, then be sure to include this in your search (e.g. "UX2001").