You can use Relationships to relate items to each other between apps. This feature allows you to link items between all apps in your organization, including apps in different workspaces.
For example, say you have a Sales workspace where you list all your customers in a Customers app, along with a Projects app where you track all of the projects that you do for your customers.
In the Projects app, you can then reference to the Customers app to link your projects to specific customers. This allows you to easily see which projects are related to which of your customers.
When you add this reference, you will see a preview of the Customer data on the Project, and the Project will also show up in the bottom of the Customer item as a "related item".
How to set up a relationship
- Add a Relationship field to your app via the template editor.
- From that field, start typing the name of the app you'd like to relate, and select it in the drop down menu.
- Save the changes to your app.
- You can customize how the relationship field appears in your app.
- When selecting the app for your relationship field, use the "Pick a view" button on the right (pictured below) to only allow specific items to be tagged in this field. This lets you pick from any of your saved views.
Now when you add an item to your app, from the Relationship field you can select items from your related app. If the related item doesn't exist yet, you can create a new item from here as well - select "Create new item" at the bottom to do so.